This is my second (and free) asset for the Unity Asset Store and it covers chunk loading combined with seed based terrain generation. In my opinion these assets by themselves were too small to split up in two separate ones so I combined them into one asset.
– Terrain generation based on multiple noise layers that can be easily tweaked for diverse types of generation;
– Chunking of terrain and loading them efficiently within adjustable bounds and with an adjustable chunk size;
– Automatic unloading of chunks out of bounds. This is put on hold if chunks need to be loaded to ensure a seamless experience;
– Automatic saving of slider data in between sessions to resume world building right where you left off;
– Incredibly easy to expand and add to your own game with its own special documentation entries;
– An intuitive user interface, allowing full control of important inspector possibilities in-game without having to constantly switch to the Inspector;
– Flexible camera movement with zoom functionality to check every aspect of your world;
– A guide explaining the asset as well as fully documented code for every single script.
– Unity 2017.2 or greater for direct download and play functionality with Unity’s Tilemap system is highly recommended. Earlier versions of Unity should work if hooked up to your own block data structures with reference tweaking.
– Foliage generation, such as trees and plants;
– Saving of edited chunks for persistent worlds;
– Further polish and optimizations where needed.